Name: Sophia Irvine-Fortescue Candidate Number: 3825 Centre Number: 69559

Final Cut - Take Me To Church Music Video


Final Album Advertisement




Having received audience feedback about the mock up of my album advertisement and reviewed my rough edit, I have made some changes and this is now what my final album advertisement looks like. It promotes Sofia Karlberg as an artist and the new album 'Cover To Cover.'

Final Digipak Design



Above is the final version of my digipak design. This is a birds eye view of it and if I was to print it out and fold it along the lines, the photos would all face the right way and be the right size. Having received audience feedback about the mock up of it, I made quite a lot of changes which I think have been effective and successful. Overall I am pleased with how it looks and believe that it clearly presents all of the necessary information to the viewer in a visually exciting way.


This is the final version of my digipak placed onto the template that I used to size and shape the panels. This presents an idea of dimensions and also shows the basic framework that I used to help me during the process of completing this.

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Story Plan For My Music Video

 
Below is a brief synopsis of the storyline for my music video. I have chosen to take the common theme of love, used in most Soul music videos, and use it to tell the story of a young couple who are very much in love with one another, but who have their love put to the test.
My music video follows the narrative of a seventeen year old girl who finds out that she is pregnant. Not wanting to keep the baby, she struggles to decide whether to get an abortion or to keep the baby. After telling her boyfriend of the same age about her dilemma, he tries to persuade her to keep the baby, expressing how in love with her he is. However, desperate and scared of the consequences and judgements that she will be forced to face, the couple argue with each other and the female runs away. She turns to alcohol and drugs as a way of dealing with her problems, but is later seen seeking sanctuary and refuge in a church. The setting of my video will be inside this church as well as outside and around it. The female will be seen inside surrounded by candle light, using the pews and the hymn books as props. While the male is ready to support her and be a father, the female does not know what to do. Although she is very much in love with her boyfriend, she cannot commit in this way or make a decision about what is the right thing to do. The dancing that will be included in my music video will be choreographed to represent the love between the two actors, but also their confusion, misunderstanding and frustration with one another. My music video will end with the male finding the female in a state of drunkenness, having overdosed in the church. He will be holding her and trying to rouse her and the audience will be left to interpret and decide for themselves, whether or not she does wake up. This ambiguity will draw the audience in, and encourage them to keep watching until the end of the video, which is what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment