Name: Sophia Irvine-Fortescue Candidate Number: 3825 Centre Number: 69559

Final Cut - Take Me To Church Music Video


Final Album Advertisement




Having received audience feedback about the mock up of my album advertisement and reviewed my rough edit, I have made some changes and this is now what my final album advertisement looks like. It promotes Sofia Karlberg as an artist and the new album 'Cover To Cover.'

Final Digipak Design



Above is the final version of my digipak design. This is a birds eye view of it and if I was to print it out and fold it along the lines, the photos would all face the right way and be the right size. Having received audience feedback about the mock up of it, I made quite a lot of changes which I think have been effective and successful. Overall I am pleased with how it looks and believe that it clearly presents all of the necessary information to the viewer in a visually exciting way.


This is the final version of my digipak placed onto the template that I used to size and shape the panels. This presents an idea of dimensions and also shows the basic framework that I used to help me during the process of completing this.

Friday 6 November 2015

How My Video is Going to Attract My Perfect Audience Member

After doing detailed research into the different UK Tribes and coming to the conclusion that my target audience member is in fact part of the 'Scenester' Tribe, there are a few things that I will have to consider including in my music video so that my video will successfully attract my target audience.

First of all I have to ensure that my video will appeal to the age group of my target audience, 16-19 year olds. To do this the content of the video has to be moving, deep and interesting. This is so that they will instantly be captivated by my video as most teenagers tend to have a very short attention span and are easily distracted if they find something is not entertaining.

The mise-en-scene will be natural settings outside, as my target audience enjoys being outside in the natural world. They appreciate being outdoors and so this is something that I will consider when I am filming my actors. I will want a balance between being outdoors as well as indoors. This will provide a contrast in lighting, as indoor lighting is quite clearly different from outdoor lighting which is more natural. Looking at the Scenester Tribe and reviewing the feedback from my perfect target audience member about what they like to wear, I will carefully consider costume, hair and make-up for the actors within my video. This is because what I choose for my actors to wear in my music video has to appeal to the dress sense and tastes of my target audience. When the audience can relate to the music video, they will find it more appealing to watch. Therefore I will include black skinny jeans, as well as winged liquid eyeliner at some point in my music video. As my perfect target audience member is a musical person, as is the rest of the tribe that she is a part of, I will definitely consider including shots of a piano. The sound of a guitar does not feature in my video, however the sound of a piano does. Therefore, including this will help to encourage my target audience to continue watching the video.

The editing within my music video from shot to shot will need a fast pace to it. This is so that members of my target audience who have a short attention span will be engaged for a longer time and will want to watch more of my music video. Fast paced editing will introduce my target audience to new locations, new costumes and new characters quickly within my music video, so that hopefully my audience will want to pursue the narrative. The cinematography will also have to be varied as having a mix of long shots, mid shots and close ups will be more interesting to my audience, than a repetitive combination of just one type of shot. To engage them for longer I will ensure that the types of shot are different and the length of shots is also varied, even when the transitions between shots will be the same. This will captivate the audience and keep their attention throughout the whole video.

After considering the possibility of including sound effects in my video, I have decided to discard this idea. This is because it does not fit with the genre of music I have chosen and it would not be effective for my choice of narrative storyline. It would not be ideal for my audience members as it may ruin the atmosphere and draw attention away from the main point of the video; the song. Most members of my audience in the Scenester Tribe would find it boring and unnecessary, for example the video for 'Hello' by Adele has a long introduction scene. After having spoken to members of my target audience they would rather this was not included. Instead of being able to listen to the song they want to hear, they have to wait a rather long time to get to the main element of the video. Similarly 'Paparazzi' by Lady Gaga also has an even longer introduction which draws attention away from the music and can make some audience members stop paying attention - before the song has even begun. This is therefore something that I want to avoid in the opening of my music video.

 One of the most common traits within music videos for soul pieces of music, is having a strong, understandable and underlying narrative. The lyrics more often than not relate to the narrative in some way, and convey themes of love and sadness. This is expressed within the actor's ability to portray emotions in this way. Therefore, to ensure that my music video is going to attract my target audience, I will have to create an engaging narrative. It will include romantic connections between characters and convey strong and passionate emotions between the actors and potential dancers. This will help to draw in my audience as my narrative will include relatable ideas and problems when it comes to love and real life, so that they feel motivated to watch my video and feel understood. As a result they will feel satisfied by the time that the video has reached its ending. My ideas will link with the lyrics to produce a music video that connects everything together and makes it appealing and enjoyable for my perfect audience member to watch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment