Name: Sophia Irvine-Fortescue Candidate Number: 3825 Centre Number: 69559

Final Cut - Take Me To Church Music Video


Final Album Advertisement




Having received audience feedback about the mock up of my album advertisement and reviewed my rough edit, I have made some changes and this is now what my final album advertisement looks like. It promotes Sofia Karlberg as an artist and the new album 'Cover To Cover.'

Final Digipak Design



Above is the final version of my digipak design. This is a birds eye view of it and if I was to print it out and fold it along the lines, the photos would all face the right way and be the right size. Having received audience feedback about the mock up of it, I made quite a lot of changes which I think have been effective and successful. Overall I am pleased with how it looks and believe that it clearly presents all of the necessary information to the viewer in a visually exciting way.


This is the final version of my digipak placed onto the template that I used to size and shape the panels. This presents an idea of dimensions and also shows the basic framework that I used to help me during the process of completing this.

Friday 5 February 2016

Difference Between Digipaks And CD Cases

Digipaks


Digipaks typically consist of paperboard or card stock outer binding, with one or more plastic trays capable of holding a CD or DVD attached to the inside (sometimes the disc tray can become detached after time). A digipak with a recycled tray made from sugarcane can help to reduce environmental impact, and many printers use recycled or sustainable material for the board stock of a digipak.
The popularity of digipaks among record labels and recording artists grew in the early 2000s. Digipak-style packaging is often used for CD singles or special editions of CD albums.
A digipak is less resistant to abrasion than jewel CD cases, so tends to show signs of wear relatively quickly.  It is less vulnerable to cracking than a jewel case is, but the disc tray inside the package remains rather brittle and is prone to cracking if the package is crushed.

CD Cases


 The CD jewel case has a tight and firm grip of the CD because of the tray's lock, so that even if the CD jewel case is turned upside-down, left, or right, the CD is held in place. The jewel case is made of plastic, so it is sturdier compared to cardboard, paper, or foams.
 As the CD jewel case is the standard, most-commonly used CD case, it is cheaper to produce and can easily be mass produced. It is designed to carry a booklet, as well as to have panel inserts. These may be used to display album artwork, lyrics, photos, thank-you notes, messages, biography and other such elements.
The type of material that the CD jewel case is made of, allows storage of CDs for decades without ruining the CDs themselves. The CD jewel case also offers orderliness when stacked on a shelf. Since the CD jewel case has existed for decades, there are many CD shelves, racks, and other products in the market that are made for CD jewel cases.

What I need to do and include when designing my own digipak:

  1. Create six panels with a clear yet sophisticated design.
  2. Make sure that the digipak has relevant pictures to do with my music video.
  3. Have at least one photo of my main character presented on my digipak.
  4. Display the artists name and the title of the album.
  5. Make sure a track list is included as well as a disk holder.
  6. The record company, copyright discloser and barcode also need to be included.

No comments:

Post a Comment